Thursday 2 February 2012

Lisa Ray engaged

Lisa Ray
Just returned from the glorious Napa Valley - the gourmand's and wine-lovers' paradise. ENGAGED to the love of my life. Jason Dehni proposed in Napa. #happiestdayever", she wrote on her Twitter page. 
lisa
Jason Dehni is a management consultant . Pic shows Lisa with her partner Credit : @Lisaraniray
Lisa Ray
The Canada-born part Indian origin actor-model has successfully fought off a 10-month battle against a rare form of cancer — multiple myeloma.
Lisa Ray
She refused to dwell on the pain and the suffering, talking instead of the long road to recovery. "I don't want to think of the chemotherapy treatments and its aftermath. Let's say I have experienced the pain and pitfalls of being diagnosed with cancer and have trounced my condition with flying colours, " she once said during an interview.
Lisa Ray'
Now, she declares with infectious enthusiasm, she wants to live life on her own terms. "My universe has certainly turned upside down. I feel more connected with myself now."
Lisa Ray
Through all this I would just wonder how I allowed it to happen to me from years of neglecting my body. Now I intend to have fun and be less hard on myself ," explains Ray, who has recently featured in a documentary about breast cancer awareness by Indian-American actor and director Namrata Singh Gujral's In a Minute, which features other cancer survivors like actors Olivia Newton John, Barbara Mori and William Baldwin.
Lisa Ray
Raising awareness about cancer is pretty much what life is about for Ray these days. She has associated herself with many cancer charities, working on awareness programmes on stem cell therapy and has attached herself to a worldwide charity Life Cell which works in this field. Ever since her recovery, she has been participating in public gatherings in Toronto, lecturing on related topics.
Lisa Ray
There are also plans to bring out a book on the topic. "I began blogging during the illness to record my experience. I intend to pursue it because it is a lovely way to channel one's feelings. I have not thought of a title yet but it will be about my experiences as a cancer survivor," she says.
Lisa Ray
Ray, who is best remembered for her role in Deepa Mehta's Water, last featured in an Indo-Canadian production, Cooking with Stella directed by Dilip Mehta, where she portrayed the role of a Canadian diplomat's wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment