- First Best Feature Film:Vedam
- Second Best Feature Film:Ganga Putrulu
- Third Best Feature Film:Prasthanam
- Akkineni Award for best home-viewing feature film:Andari Bandhuvaya
- Best popular feature film providing wholesome entertainment:Maryada Ramanna
- on integration:Parama Veera chakra
- Best Children film:Little Buddha
- Best :Advaitham
- Best director:P Sunil Kumae Reddy(Ganga Putrulu)
- Best Leading Actor:N Bala Krishna(Simha)
- Best Leading Actress:Nitya Menon(Ala Modalaindi)
- Best actor:Sai Kumar(Prasthanam)
- Best supporting actress:Pragati(Yemaindi Yee Vela)
- Best comedian actor:Dharmavarapu(Alasyam Amrutam)
- Best comedian actress:Jhansi(Simha)
- Best Villain:Nagineedu(Marada Ramanna)
- Best Child Actor:Master Bharat(Bindaas)
- Best debut :Nandini Reddy(Ala Modalaindi)
- Best screenplay writer:Gowtam Menon(YMC)
- Best :RP Patnaik(Broker)
- Best dialogue writer:P Sunil Kumar Reddy(Ganga Putrulu)
- Best lyric writer:N Siddareddy(Veera Telangana)
- Best Music director:Chakri(Simha)
- Best Male playback singer:MM Keeravani(Maryada Ramanna)
- Best Female playback singer:Pranavi(Sneha Geetam)
- Best art director:Ashok(Varudu)
- Best Choreographer:Prem Rakshit(Adhurs)
- Best audiographer:Radhakrishna(Brindavanam)
- Best costume designer:Sriram & Sri Kumar(Varudu)
- Best male dubbing artiste:Raju(Darling)
- Best female dubbing artiste:Chinmayi(YMC)
- Special Jury Awards: Samantha, Chandra Siddhartha, Manoj, Sunil, Sreeramulu
If Nithya Menen, who played a photo journalist in "180", sounds too candid at times, then perhaps you can blame it on the fact that she studied journalism. The actress, who does not believe in beating around the bush, in her forthright style had gone on record to tell us why she chose not to take up journalism as a career. "Journalism is not what it used to be. I thought it was an important job, but it is not. I'm idealistic and it pretty much upsets me that negativity sells. I knew a job like that would lead to a lot of conflicts because of the way I am and I wouldn't last long!" she says.
Then does she really get to do what she wants to in films? "More than being an actress, I wanted to make films so that I could say what I wanted to through the medium. Actually, I almost turned down "Ala Modalaindi" because I wanted to learn cinematography at FTI Pune. Nandu (Nandini Reddy) brainwashed me into doing the film. Now I have no regrets," she adds.
While that's Nithya's viewpoint, Priya Anand, a Communication and Journalism graduate from the University of Albany, who also played a journalist in her debut film "Leader" looks at things in a totally different way. "I think journalism, films and all other media go hand-in-hand. I always wanted to get into films and I studied journalism to get to know the technical aspects of production. I also worked as an assistant director for a TV channel. My education has helped me handle all kinds of people and to present myself in a better way."
Actress Shraddha Das, whose last T-town outing was "Nagavalli", holds a degree in Mass Media and Journalism. Shraddha feels that her education stands her in good stead in a tinsel world where actresses have a short shelf life. "Journalism is my Plan B. I took up the course after I had joined films as I was interested in it and it is a related field. In the glam world, nothing lasts forever and after my marriage I do not want to do films. I'd love to be an anchor or a news reader."
Rating: 2 / 5
Cast: Siddharth, Priya Anand, Nithya menon, Geeta etc
Production: Sathyam Cinemas and Agal Movies
Ajay (Siddharth) comes to Kasi in a sad manner. He meets a who doesn't have and worry about death. Being inspired from the boy, he forgets his sorrow and turns into a happy living guy next door. He choses to stay in a house and gets close with Geeta and Mouli. Vidhya (Nithya Menon), a photo journalist with him. But Ajay didnt accept her. What is ? Why he is sorrow in the movie at beginning? Who is priya anand? To know to this questions, you need to on screen.
Siddharth performance is good as usual. His character has two shades and he did justice to both of them. Nithya Menon looks little chubby, but was amazing. She suited the character well. Priya Anand role is cute and lovable. The rest did their part well.
- Priya anand and Nitya menon.
- Fantastic picturisation of first song.
- Background music.
- Predictable storyline
- Boring second half
- Lack of comedy
First half of the movie is OK, but second half is too much boring. Last 1 hour of the movie is very difficult to tolerate. I saw people walking away from seats during last hour. It tests the patience of the audience. The movie has no chance to become success at box office.
Few who like tragedic movies may like it, rest can ignore it.
Recently she spoke to media about her role in 180 and said, "180 is a romantic film but I don't think it can be classified as a fluffy love story. It is a wonderful story with a script that is layered and more complex than the normal ones. I play a journalist in this film. I studied journalism though I never really became a scribe. So, this film gave me an opportunity to play that role."